Look no further!
Discover the Dominican Republic Tour
March 12-19th 2015
Join us for the first annual “Discover the Dominican Republic Tour” sponsored by GRACE Cares and Project Hearts! From the historic capital of Santo Domingo to the lush mountains of the small rural town of Baitoa where Project Hearts is based, and ending on the beautiful beaches of Punta Cana, this tour offers something for everyone. It is a unique opportunity to truly experience all that the Dominican Republic has to offer while doing good.
• Led by past GRACE Cares Board member and current Communications and Development Co-Coordinator for Project Hearts, Meghan McClain
• 7 day/8 night guided tour
• Only 12 spots available
• Approximately $1200 (not including airfare) for all meals, lodging, transportation, tours, translators, volunteer projects, and cultural activities
• Explore: Sight-seeing and tour of colonial Santo Domingo, the oldest city in the Americas. Optional Spanish lessons and time to eat the local cuisine and explore (souvenirs anyone?).
• Volunteer: Travel to rural Baitoa to volunteer with Project Hearts and experience the true Dominican lifestyle. This portion of the tour is culturally rich with opportunities for Dominican cooking lessons, horse-back riding, hikes, dance lessons, farm tours, and perhaps even time for a few rounds of the local favorite- dominoes in addition to much needed volunteer projects.
• Relax: Soak up sun and surf on the beautiful beaches of Cabarete.This portion of the trip is for you to recharge and reflect.
For more information or tour reservations please contact the trip leader, Meghan, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Any 2 people signing up receive a $100 discount!